Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Card


















I made this card based on a design from the Outlines Stamp Gallery. I went back to find the link but I cannot find it anymore. The original card has similar design - with the stamp image being stamped twice, and the different components are cut out. I've made a slight modification by matting all of the components to make them 'pop' a little more. I've also turned the direction of the hearts inward and added the inking and distressing.

This is also my first time using Distress embossing powder. Although I have almost destroyed a corner of my living room carpet, the result came out quite well. I love the subtlety of the colours and the texture.

Next time, I just have to remember putting a heat resistant mat over the carpet before I use the heat gun.



Supplies List:
Outlines Stamp E-234 Inspiration Square Lg. 1
DCWV Luxury Mat Stack
Recollections silver cardstock
Brown cardstock
Rangers Distress embossing powder

Cats Eye azure ink

No comments:

Post a Comment