Thursday, May 5, 2011

Black and White Chic for Rhonda


This is a keepsake box I made for Rhonda.  She likes black and white, bird cages and butterflies... so I decided to use the black and white pages from the Mariposa stack that I got as a gift from a great friend of mine.   I would like to create an elegant look, so I chose embellishments that are classic and complement the journal spot that is featured on the box cover.

I started out with a basic white paper box from Michael's.  I used mod podge to glue the papers on and added the embellishments.  The flowers are also from Michael's.  I detached the flowers from the stems and arranged them on the box and glued them down using a glue gun.  The black centers are adhesive rhinestones.  I added some pearls around the flowers.  The monogram is a rhinestone letter from Michael's $1 spot.   I could not find an 'R', so I bought a 'B' and did a little surgery to make it into an 'R'.

I chose the birdcage paper to line the inside of the box because Rhonda likes birdcage also.  These papers work really well together.

This is the box that took me the longest to make, because I had to line the whole box with black paper.  I'm also learning how to use mod podge carefully so as not to leave too many marks on the paper and it does take some practice.


 

Supplies List:
DCWV Mariposa Collection
Jenni Bowlin Embellished Butterflies
Ashland Spring Floral Bushes
K&Co Elegance Gems
Recollections Adhesive Pearls

2 comments: