Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dress Form

I participated in a dress form swap a while ago and had the most fun making them.   I decided to go with two projects, 1 with fabric and 1 with paper.. well, sort of.

I had some help with my first one. I spotted this cute necklace holder at Ross.  The original dress is very pretty, but a bit too revealing, so I decided to get some fabrics and alter it for my friend.  She loves pink, and she loves vintage dresses, so I tried to make a dress that'll fit her style.  I made a pink dress and layered it with pink organza, and added pearly trims to the  bodice.

For my second project, I went with my favorite medium, acrylic. I used alcohol ink for the background colours, and added rub-ons and gemstones as embellishments.  I had a lot of fun making them, and would like to make some for myself next time.


Supplies (acrylic dress form):
Clear Scraps clear dress form
Prima jewel art flower centers
Tattered Angels glimmer mists
Basic Grey rub-ons

No comments:

Post a Comment