Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home (from ours to yours)

One of the NSD challenges today is to create a layout about home... or what makes it a home.  For a family like ours, it is of course all about ......  FOOD!   


Culturally, we always gather with family and friends around food.  It is more so for our family.  We all love food, the kiddies love dessert especially, and I happen to like baking... well I got into baking because of them.   It has become my love language, and hopefully their best family memories.  

We always bake cookies or cupcakes together for major holidays.. perhaps it's just an excuse.  But I love cooking for them, and I love it when they love my food!   My son once told his teacher, of all things, that I'm a baker.  I can be a gazillion things (you know how moms are), but to my dear child, I'm a baker - Ha!   I had no idea I would make this kind of mark in his life!  And my daughter requests that I make this special sponge cake (of course complete with whipped cream frosting and a ton of fruit) for her birthday every year.   It just warms my heart.  Of course, I cooked everything the way my love would want, and for the first year of our married life, I had his mom's number on speed dial (there are no recipes in her generation).  This.. is how I think of my home, food, made with love, and eaten together as a family as we share our daily stories from work or from school.  And I hope this is how my family remembers it, full of delightful aromas.. maybe from sautéed onion and garlic, or the sweet smell of vanilla cupcakes or fresh baked Chinese pastries...  and eaten around the dinner table, full of laughter and silly stories.  

For this important layout, I naturally chose... Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry line!  I based it off of a Becky Fleck sketch from her book.  The rest is just ... natural!  

Thanks for looking!  Bon Appétit!

Supplies:
Basic Grey Nook and Pantry patterned paper, rub-ons, stickers and chipboards
Basic Grey Lilykate patterned paper


No comments:

Post a Comment